Yes is a verb.

"Yes" (in my opinion) is a verb. With so much negativity, indecision, obstacles and foibles, it's often easier to say "no" but what good does that do? No holding back. I'm saying YES I can and I will!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

God who?

Anyone who has known me for some time knows that I'm not necessarily a religious person....so it may seem odd that I've been bringing God up quite often lately.

Well, I'm still me. Still not into "religion".
But I AM into God.  I don't think I really have a choice in this matter, as I've been hit on the head pretty darn hard by Him.  He's got a sense of humor too, which I like (but find infuriating at times).

Here's what I believe.  I have no doubt that there is a power much, much greater than any of us - and this power is love -  and I call this greater power "God" because that's what I've been taught, and I don't feel comfortable calling Him "Fred".

I was raised a Christian, and belong to a church where my children are receiving their foundation, but I find value in almost all other faiths.

I feel that a person's faith depends on their culture and upbringing.  I happened to have been born in the U.S.A, and was raised in the Christian faith and have a bible that tells me that I am RIGHT.....but I have friends who have their own books, professing that THEY are right.
I've talked with many people of many other faiths who are committed in their beliefs - and frankly - I feel that God is pleased with any of us who choose to get to know Him better. I don't feel that any of us are RIGHT.
I think maybe we are all doing the best that we can, within the limits of our cultures and exposures, and that is enough.  If we keep seeking to know Him, then He is pleased.

God is love.  I (try to) follow the Golden Rule -which is within every religion I have encountered "Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You".

Search, love, serve and honor.

I won't profess to be RIGHT. I'll just say that I'm a person who strives to do better, and who wishes to learn more about God through my own and others' religions.  We'll all find the Truth when we are gone from this planet. Until then.....

LOVE.

~K



No comments:

Post a Comment